North Hempstead’s highway crews will be sweeping up winter debris throughout the peninsula as the annual Operation Clean Sweep gets underway.
“Operation Clean Sweep is back for 2017,” said Supervisor Judi Bosworth. “Street sweepers will take to the roads to clean up all the dirt and debris that has been left behind this winter on our roadways. Keeping our roads clean of debris is imperative for safety reasons, as well as giving our town a spring cleaning.”
From Monday, May 1, to Friday, May 5, all areas not within incorporated villages and north of the Long Island Expressway will be swept as follows:
• Monday, May 1, University Gardens
• Tuesday, May 2, Pembroke and Jayson Avenues
• Wednesday, May 3, Terrace Circle, Little Neck, Saddle Rock and Manor Section
• Thursday, May 4, Terrace Circle, Manor Section, Allenwood Section, Harbor Hills and Embassy Court/Russell Woods Road
• Friday, May 5, Touching up, cleaning up and spot sweeping where necessary.
To make Clean Sweep a success, the Highway Department asks that residents refrain from parking vehicles on town roads from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. during their designated Operation Clean Sweep days. Businesses are asked to keep their cars off the road from 4 to 6 a.m.