• Burglars look for dark homes. Consider keeping lights on when you’re not home and investing in motion-detection lights on the corners of your home.
• Keep your bushes short, so you can see through your windows if anyone is approaching your property.
• Lock doors, windows and rear gates when leaving the house.
• Make alarm stickers visible on doors and windows and keep your car in the driveway if possible.
• Park in well-lit areas. Lock your vehicle and do not leave it running.
• Hide packages and shopping bags in the trunk and do not leave your GPS visible in the vehicle.
• Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
For more information, go to www.police.nassaucountyny.gov.