Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman will be holding Property Assessment Grievance Workshops throughout January and February, where he will review the property assessment grievance process and staff members will provide applications. Be sure to bring your 2018–19 Notice of Tentative Assessment that was issued by the Nassau County Department of Assessment on Jan. 2, 2017 to any of these workshops.
• Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2 to 4 p.m. at Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Ave.
• Tuesday, Jan. 10, 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. at Westbury Memorial Public Library, 445 Jefferson St.
• Tuesday, Jan. 17, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., cosponsored by the Ahavat Shalom Synagogue’s Men’s Committee, Ahavat Shalom Synagogue, 130 Cutter Mill Rd. in Great Neck.
• Tuesday, Jan. 24, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Great Neck Public Library, 159 Bayview Ave.
• Tuesday, Jan. 24, 6:45 to 8:45 p.m., presented by the Williston Park Public Library in the Assembly Room of Village Hall, 494 Willis Ave., third floor.
• Wednesday, Jan. 25, 1 to 3 p.m. at Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Rd. in Roslyn.
• Wednesday, Feb. 1, 3 to 5 p.m. at Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Rd. in Albertson.
• Wednesday, Feb. 1, 7 to 8:45 p.m. at Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Ave.
• Thursday, Feb. 2, 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. at Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Rd. in New Hyde Park.
• Wednesday, Feb. 22, 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. at Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Rd. in Albertson.
• Monday, Feb. 27, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mineola Public Library, 195 Marcellus Rd.
Taypayers have the right to seek review of their property’s assessment every year with the Nassau County Assessment Review Commission (ARC). An attorney is not required; property owners may represent themselves by completing a simple paper or online application. There’s no fee to file directly with ARC, which may reduce your assessment but cannot increase it. The filing period is from Jan. 2 to March 1, 2017.