Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman will be holding a series of property tax exemption seminars this fall. Learn about changes to STAR (Basic and Enhanced), senior citizens, veterans and other exemptions that could help lower property taxes. The income limit for the 2016-17 Enhanced STAR Exemption for seniors has been increased to less than $86,000 (based on 2015 adjusted gross income, less any taxable IRA distributions), so some previously ineligible homeowners now qualify.
Applications will be distributed at these seminars:
• Wednesday, Sept. 14, from 7 to 8:45 p.m. at Westbury Memorial Public Library, 445 Jefferson St.
• Thursday, Sept. 15, from 1 to 3 p.m. at Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Rd. in Roslyn
• Friday, Sept. 16, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Mineola Memorial Library, 195 Marcellus Rd.
• Wednesday, Sept. 21, from 7 to 8:45 p.m. at Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Rd. in Albertson
• Wednesday, Sept. 28, from 7 to 8:45 p.m. in the Assembly Room of Village Hall, 494 Willis Ave., third floor, in Williston Park
• Thursday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 8:45 p.m. at Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Rd.
• Wednesday, Oct. 19, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Great Neck Public Library, 159 Bayview Ave. (location is subject to change pending completion of renovations)
• Tuesday, Oct. 25, from 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. at Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Rd. in New Hyde Park
For more information, call 311.