Hearing Health Quick Test
1. Do you find it difficult to follow a conversation in a noisy restaurant?
2. Do you sometimes feel that people are mumbling?
3. Do you experience difficulty following dialog in the theater?
4. Is it difficult to understand a speaker at a public meeting?
5. Do you find yourself asking people to speak up or repeat themselves?
6. Do you find men’s voices easier to understand than women’s?
7. Do you have trouble understanding whispered speech?
8. Do you have difficulty understanding on the telephone?
9. Do you experience ringing or noises in your ears?
10. Have you had significant noise exposure at work or military service?
11. Have any of your relatives (by birth) had a hearing loss?
Scoring: 2 points for Yes; 1 point for Sometimes; 0 points for No.
Scores of 3 or more: May mean that you have a hearing problem.
Scores of 6 or more: Strongly suggest that a hearing check is warranted.
Visit www.howsyourhearing.org for details.