The Great Neck Social Center at 80 Grace Ave. offers plenty of free brain-boosting activities.
• For stimulating conversations and airing your opinions, come to World in Depth on Thursdays at 2 p.m.
• Tune up your thinking abilities by playing your favorite games, like bridge, canasta, Scrabble and mah-jongg.
• Flexing your muscles sends blood to your brain and keeps it fit, so take classes like yoga and strength exercises.
• Keep your fingers flying at knitting sessions on Wednesdays.
• Reminisce as you tune up your vocal chords at Friday afternoon singing sessions.
Call the office at 516-487-0025 for more information or to share your ideas.
Shed the Meds
Keep your unused meds out of the water supply by bringing them to the Great Neck Water Pollution Control District at 236 East Shore Rd. on June 2 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
St. Francis Cardiac Screening Van
No appointment is necessary to visit the St. Francis Cardiac Screening Van on Thursday, June 6, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Challenges of Aging
Sharzad Moadel will discuss how to meet the challenges of aging on Tuesday, June 11, from 10:30 to 11 a.m.
Father’s Day Celebration
Party with delicious food, great entertainment and many words that say, “We love you forever and ever,” at the Father’s Day celebration on Thursday, June 13, at noon. Reserve a seat by calling 516-487-0025 or stopping by.