The Nassau County Police Department Public Information Office reported an unusual incident that occurred in Great Neck this morning.
According to police, Third Precinct Police Officers responded to a medical professional building at 310 East Shore Rd. for a carbon monoxide alarm at 11:43 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 5.
Upon arrival, numerous people complained that they were feeling dizzy.
The Nassau County Fire Marshall, Nassau County Office of Emergency Management, Great Neck Alerts Fire department, Great Neck Vigilant Fire department, Manhasset-Lakeville Fire department and Port Washington Fire department responded to assist.
The Fire Marshall conducted numerous tests, with no sign of any hazardous gas.
The building was evacuated as a precaution, and 55 people complaining of dizziness and nausea were treated at the scene. Four people were transported to a local hospital for further evaluation.
At 2 p.m., the building was deemed safe and everyone was allowed to reenter the building.
The Nassau County Fire Marshall is continuing the investigation.