This spring, the Building Department will be hosting evening community-based office hours to provide residents with the opportunity to meet with Lauren Summa, the Town of North Hempstead’s applicant advocate. Summa represents Supervisor Judi Bosworth and the mobile building department unit, and will address residents’ questions and concerns regarding building department applications.
“The evening office hours provide a convenient way for residents to ask any questions they may have about their permits and learn more about the town’s building department,” said Bosworth. “After successful mobile office hour sessions during the fall and winter, we are looking forward to hosting an additional five sessions this spring.”
The applicant advocate provides residents with a more customer-friendly experience in the Building Department and is tasked with assisting residents in navigating the permit process.
Upcoming mobile office hours will be held on the following dates at these locations:
• Tuesday, May 3, 6 to 8 p.m., Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Rd. in New Hyde Park
• Monday, May 9, 6 to 8 p.m., Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Rd. in Albertson
• Monday, May 16, 6 to 8 p.m., Port Washington Public Library, 1 Library Dr. in Port Washington
• Wednesday, May 25, 6 to 8 p.m., Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Ave. in Manhasset
• Monday, June 6, 6 to 8 p.m., Westbury Public Library, 445 Jefferson St. in Westbury
Bring any relevant information or documentation relating to your building department application to the mobile office. For more information, call 311 or 516-869-6311.
—Submitted by the Town of North Hempstead