The Great Neck Public Schools Board of Education announced its goals for the 2015–16 school year, which include:
• To work with Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Teresa Prendergast, to help facilitate her success, support her smooth transition as the district’s new educational leader and ensure that all new administrators are given the guidance and mentoring that will ensure their success.
• To continue the addition of new and innovative educational curriculum and programs for all learners at varied levels, to support administrators and teachers as they integrate current technologies into classroom learning and to review all newer programs currently in place.
• To continue conducting the district’s facility review with the goal of establishing a plan for renovation of buildings where needed and provide the means for involvement of all interested parties in planning discussions and providing ample opportunities for discussion, explanation, review, acceptance and publicity.
• To continue reviewing the implications of the current New York State budget caps on this and future year’s school budgets and the effect these limitations have on program offerings essential to meet the needs of our students.
• To continue negotiations with all district bargaining units to achieve mutual agreements.
• To continue seeking additional opportunities to enhance direct communication between all segments of our schools, as well as with the Great Neck community.
• To conduct a public review and discussion of the Community Survey that was issued during the 2014–15 school year.