The last day to pay the Town of North Hempstead 2015–16 second-half school taxes without a penalty is Tuesday, May 10. The U.S. Postal Service must postmark mailed payments on or before May 10 to avoid a penalty—office postage meters are not considered official postmarks. The Receiver of Taxes recommends that taxpayers mailing payments on the last day have their payments hand stamped at the post office to ensure a timely postmark.
To pay in person, the tax office is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 10. Bring your entire bill and a check or money order to the Receiver of Taxes’ office in the Town Hall Annex at 200 Plandome Rd. in Manhasset or visit the following local collection sites on these dates.
• Monday, May 2, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Port Washington Parking District, 15 Vanderventer Ave., Port Washington
• Monday, May 2, from 1 to 2 p.m. in Hector Gayle Roslyn Community Center, 53 Orchard St., Roslyn Heights
• Tuesday, May 3, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Fuschillo Park, Carle Road and Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
• Tuesday, May 3, from 1 to 2 p.m. at “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden St., New Cassel
• Wednesday, May 4, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Avenue and New Hyde Park Road, New Hyde Park
• Wednesday, May 4, from 2 to 3 p.m. at Broadway Park, Broadway and County Courthouse Road, Garden City Park
• Thursday, May 5, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Great Neck Senior Center, 80 Grace Ave., Great Neck
• Thursday, May 5, from 1 to 3 p.m. at Michael J. Tully Park, Evergreen Avenue, New Hyde Park
• Friday, May 6, from 12 to 2 p.m. at John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Avenue, Albertson
For further information, visit www.northhempsteadny.gov or call 516-869-7800.
—Submitted by the Town of North Hempstead