Enrollment for the Great Neck Public Schools Kindergarten Program for the 2017–18 school year will begin on Tuesday, Jan. 17, and run through Friday, Jan. 27, at the Office of Registration and Attendance in the Phipps Administration Building, 345 Lakeville Rd., on school days from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All children who plan to attend public or private kindergarten starting in September 2017 need to be registered. To be eligible for enrollment, children must have been born between Dec. 2, 2011, and Dec. 1, 2012. Please note that students currently enrolled in the district’s universal prekindergarten program (UPK) do not have to register for kindergarten.
Residents who have not received a kindergarten registration packet in the mail may pick one up on school days at the Office of Registration and Attendance or can download forms from the district website at www.greatneck.k12.ny.us.
It is not necessary to bring your child to registration, but be sure
to have the following information:
• Proof of district residency (owners should have a deed, current tax bill or closing statement; renters need a current signed lease or current rent receipts).
• Three pieces of current, official mail; online mail is not acceptable.
• Child’s original birth certificate.
• Parent or guardian valid photo ID.
• Parental control papers (if applicable).
• Immunization certificate signed and stamped by a physician or other authorized health agency.
For more information, contact the office at 516-441-4080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.