Enrollment for the Great Neck Public Schools Kindergarten Program for the 2016–17 school year will begin on Tuesday, Jan. 19, and runs schooldays through Friday, Jan. 29. Registration will be held at the Office of Registration and Attendance, 345 Lakeville Rd., from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
All children who will attend public or private school kindergarten in September 2016 need to be registered. In order to be eligible to enroll, children must have been born between Dec. 2, 2010, and Dec. 1, 2011. Please note that students currently enrolled in the district’s Universal Prekindergarten program do not have to register for kindergarten.
Residents who have not yet received a kindergarten registration packet in the mail may pick one up on schooldays at the Office of Registration and Attendance or download forms from the district website at www.greatneck.k12.ny.us.
Be sure to bring the following information to registration, though it is not necessary to bring your child:
1. Proof of district residency (deed, current tax bill or closing statement if ownership; current signed lease or current rent receipts, if rental).
2. Three pieces of current official mail; online mail is not acceptable.
3. Child’s original birth certificate.
4. Parent or guardian valid photo ID.
5. Parental control papers, if applicable.
6. Immunization certificate signed and stamped by a physician or other authorized health agency.
For more information about registering your child for kindergarten, contact the registration office at 516-441-4080, or email email@example.com.